Re: [IP] Growth Spurt

I was diagnosed at age 13 and 5'1.  When I was 16, I was put on birth
control pills and massive doses of insulin to try and re-start my period
and get my sugars (urine) under control.  I unfortunately gained 40 pounds,
which I have never been able to get rid of, but I also grew 4 inches.

Sara wrote:

>Helen, Becky:
> My nickname all thru junior high was Shorty (I was diagnosed at age 10).  I
>started taking 2 shots a day in 9th grade and by the end of the year I had
>gained 4 inches (In all directions, but most importantly UP!).  I also hit
>puberty later than all my friends...10th grade (16)...which I blame (I mean
>attribute) on the one shot a day regimen I was previosuly on.  My body just
>wasn't getting the sugars and energy processing it needed to grow thanks to
>the diabetes.
>Sara - who is now "average" at 5'4

Vancouver, BC, Canada

send the next two lines in a message