Re: [IP] Complete

On 28 Apr 98 at 20:57, LBE FSD wrote:

> I've decided to give up on the Complete.  It is too much of a pain to do the
> manual downloads.  A bigger problem is the fact that I don't discipline
> myself to record it twice (once on the meter and once in my logbook), don't
> do the manual downlaoads more than once every week (or two), and have never
> liked using the memory feature of meters to go over data in order to make
> decisions.  I had a long conversation with my buddy at BM/Roche today and
> expressed my frustration about not getting the software that he had assured
> me I could get.  I'm still not certain that the refusal wasn't engineered by
> someone at the clinic, but that's probably paranoid.  He also said that they
> would be charging ~$60 for it.  I explained that I had been assured that
> Camit would work with the Complete when I bought Camit, and that the manual
> also makes that comment.  He said that he couldn't make the decision.  I'm
> hoping that they return to their usual etiquette by the time it is released
> to the "public".  I also keep asking who is buying all of these strips -- me
> or the medical professionals?  Oh well.
> Take care,
> Lori

Kind of shows the attitude of BM/Roche, doesn't it... Hmmm... the rep
that I dealt with had the line about "do it our way..."  which as I
was emphatically told was  - Doctor buys the package from BM/Roche,
configures your meter the way that Dr. Death wants, tells you that if
your are a "good little diabetic" you can have the toy.  Then when
you go in to see the Dr.  and Nurse Ratchet uploads your meter
to their software they set up the torture session if you've been
a "bad little non-compliant diabetic"...  so much for their ads in
Forcast etc.    You do it their way or else... and the way the meter
is configured out of the box it doesn't match the instruction manual,
and the software isn't available..  I wonder what all the people who
are buying these things at Wal-Mart are doing with them?

Maybe we all need to call them and tell them we are taking our
business elsewhere... and sharing our reasons with the world too...
and also inform MiniMed since they partnered with Roche on the
Complete...  It is less functional than the Profile for most
purposes, especially since the software and cable aren't available.

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted