RE: [IP] Filling Cartridges

Dianne:

I did this for awhile, storing the "spare" cartridges in the refrig. Note
that I use a Disetronic, with glass cartridges. I was hesitant to do this
with plastic cartridges, though.

I pre filled cartridges like this when I was using Humalog and stopped doing
it, mostly because I was having problems with the Humalog. I wanted to
eliminate as many variables as possible while trying to troubleshoot things.
Pre filled cartridges seemed to me to be a variable that could be easily
dealt with - I simply stopped doing it ;-)

I know of several other folks (Disetronic users) who have pre filled glass
cartridges for years, with no problems. I am not certain if any of them use
Humalog, but I can state that the one person I know who has *not* had any
problems with pre filling is using Velosulin in her pump.

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted