[IP] Airport Security Gates

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 00:17:53 EDT
From: Estes71 <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Airport Security Gates

This past weekend I went on my first out of state trip.  I flew from Portland,
OR to LA and then to Santa Maria, CA.  In Portland I set off both security
gates and had to be checked out by the guard.  I told her it was my insulin
pump and she asked me how I liked it and waved the wand by me.

I spoke with Minimed recently concerning my trip to Indonesia and was told that the pumps will set off the alarms about 50% of the time.  I am currently getting a letter from my doctor ( translated) as I am sure the security at Denpasar Airport have no idea what a pump is !

My alternative thought was to diconnect the QR and put the pump in my hand luggage rather than having this "strange thing" connected to me.  The only problem I can forsee with this , is that the queues at the airport when you arrive can take 90 mins plus.

Jennifer from Downunder

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted