Re: [IP] New & vacation

Hi Kim-

I started on the MiniMed 507 Pump on March 2nd.  I left for a 1 week
vacation on March 21st to Cozumel, Mexico.  Lots of swimming and
snorkeling!

I did just fine.  Actually, I think being on vacation gave me a little
more time to adjust to all the new pumping stuff.

Make sure you bring your dr./cde phone numbers with you just in case.
Bring plenty of infusion sets.  Since you are still new to all the
equipment, you might make a few mistakes like I did, and need a few
extra sets with you.

I spoke with my CDE prior to vacationing, and we both agreed that we
would not make an basal rate adjustments based on my bg readings during
vacation.  I was eating unusual food, some of which I didn't always know
the carb content of.  I tried to eat lots of fresh fruit and tried not
to "over eat."  Of course I did have a few margaritas too....

Anyway, just do your homework ahead of time.  Establish a safety net,
and go on vacation and enjoy yourself.  Just make sure you discuss it
with your CDE/Doc first.  (Of course if my doc would have told me I
couldn't go on vacation, I would have asked her to reimburse me for the
$400 non-refundable plane ticket....)

Becky D.

--
Becky Draper