[IP] Fwd: So you like the silhouette?

Leisha,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.  I am just now reading my
mail from last week.  We have just recently started using the silhouette.  We
numb the sight with ice and then do the insertion.  Darren says it is much
better than the soft set.  Darren uses R in his pump, so I can not be of any
help to you there.  Our endo has not yet given us a prescription for H.  Can
you believe it.  However, it did take us a year to convience her to put him on
the pump.  So on our next visit, I will be armed with enough info about H to
demand it too.

With your son not having a lot of fat, I would advise you to have the start up
team show you how to use the silhouette.  There is some EMLA cream that is a
prescription that you could request at start up to make the first insertion
more comfortable.

I hope this helps...good luck
Liz (Darren's mom, dxd 1/95, started pumping 1/98 MM507)

-- BEGIN included message

Dear Liz,

     Hello, my name is Leisha, and I have a 14 year old son named Jason. He
was dx. at the age of 8 and we are finally going on the pump. He is also very
thin and has sensitive skin, Jason could not tolerate the silicone on the
needles when he was first diagnosed. After 6 months or so of the needles, his
skin became very hard and sounded like star foam when pushing the needle in.
So we went to the medijector, comfortable injections were impossible because
he was so thin, and now that he is really growing he has become muscular, but
still very thin skinned and the medi-jector has become very painful now. It
causes bleeding and bruiseing and his poor legs are just black and blue.

     I was hopeing you had some suggestions on how to make inserting the
infusion set as comfortable as possible, since you are using the silhouette
and have some experience with it. And my son has been on humolog for some time
now, what are your thoughts about using this with the pump?

     Thank you for your time, and any suggestions will be appreciated.

                                           Sincerely,

                                           Leisha

--------------------
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Dear Liz,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hello, my name is
Leisha, and I have a 14 year old son named Jason. He was dx. at the age of 8
and
we are finally going on the pump. He is also very thin and has sensitive skin,
Jason could not tolerate the silicone on the needles when he was first
diagnosed. After 6 months or so of the needles, his skin became very hard and
sounded like star foam when pushing the needle in. So we went to the
medijector,
comfortable injections were impossible because he was so thin, and now that he
is really growing he has become muscular, but still very thin skinned and the
medi-jector has become very painful now. It causes bleeding and bruiseing and
his poor legs are just black and blue. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I was hopeing you had
some suggestions on how to make inserting the infusion set as comfortable as
possible, since you are using the silhouette and have some experience with it.
And my son has been on humolog for some time now, what are your thoughts about
using this with the pump?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you for your
time, and any suggestions will be appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000
size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Sincerely,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000
size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Leisha</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

-- END included message