Re: [IP] Personal Female Question

I have had diabetes since I was 13, almost 19 years (I am 32).  My sex
drive was okay, but not great.  I didn't care one way or the other but
always enjoyed myself if I "gave in" (another control issue).  Since I have
managed to get into better blood sugar control in the last 4 months, my sex
drive is much higher and I initiate sex much more than I used to.  When my
sugars have gone up during this time, I notice a definite impact.  My
sugars are pretty much between 90 and 140 now, with the inevitable bumps
along the way.  So I am happy and my husband is *very* happy! 8')

>I have a question for the females in this group.  Have any of you noticed
>less sexual desire or even a lack of it since having diabetes?  I was
>diagnosed at age 15, have had diabetes for 24 years and have never had much
>of a sex drive to start out with but now I have none at all.  This is
>causing a few problems between me and my husband.  I had my hormone levels
>checked and they seem fine.  My doctor says that none of his other female
>patients have mentioned this problem but I think that is because it is a
>hard one to bring up (especially with a male doctor). Any suggestions?
>send the next two lines in a message
>to the e-mail address: email @ redacted

Vancouver, BC, Canada