Re: [IP] Pre-Pumping

Dan Diener wrote:
> Could you guys please tell me when you stopped taking you long acting
> insulin to prepare yourselves for the pump?  And did you have to give
> yourselves "boosters" of humalog until you were hooked up to the pump?
> Our doctor says I should not give my son his ultralented the morning he
> will be getting the pump.  I just want to make sure that is adequate
> time for the ultralente to be out of his system and not mess up his
> basal rate.

Two things here. First, Humulin UL lasts something like 20+ hours, if
I remember correctly. It will carry into the next day to a certain extent,
but the pump will need to be adjusted to the current situation for the
first day, then adjusted to normal reality thereafter. Just test a lot
and keep track of what's happening, but don't give him the UL the morning
he starts the pump.

Boosters shouldn't be needed.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42 years, MM506 pumping for 4.4
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted