Re: [IP] Pet Peeve

Your way of dealing with your diabetes is opposite of mine.  I wish I did what
you did. I'm very emotional and share way to much with people who probably
don't care anyway.  At work, the staff needs to know, because if I don't
perform adequately I could make a mistake that could cost someone their life.
But the "steely stares" when you eat something that others have deemed "bad"
for you, can be unbearable. I know better than to feel guilty but I still do.
You guys are right, too.  Most of my constant critics are overweight, or smoke
or both.  I weigh 115 lbs.  They have no shame but they sure can shame me.
Sorry this is so long, but sometimes the way those around us and even those
that love us, don't realize how their constant comments on our dietary habits
are so hurtful.
Judy P.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted