RE: [IP] Disetronic Rapids

The Disetronic Rapid has a flat disk like surface which attaches to the
skin, similar to the way the Comfort / Tender / Silhouette attaches. There
is a stainless steel needle which inserts at a 90 degree angle to the skin,
similar to the  way the SofSet inserts. There is no disconnect for this,
like there is for the Tenders or the MiniMed bent needle sets.

It's designed for "Rapid" insertion, supposedly makes it easier to use in
hard to reach places. There is a  "clear viewing window" which lets you
monitor the insertion site, unlike some others which don't let you see the
site once the metal needle is taped in place.

They come in needle lengths of 8, 10 and 12 mm. I heard from Disetronic that
they plan to introduce a 6 mm version for people without a whole lot of
tissue, such as young / lean pumpers. I also understand they are looking at
introducing a disconnect version of the set.

I haven't used one, but may try it this weekend just for giggles ...

Pictures of the sets can be viewed at:

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message