Comforts, Tenders and Silhouettes; was Re: [IP] Velosulin

JUDY102 wrote:
 I have learned so much about different
> insulins and especially different tubings for the MM507.  I may check out the
> Silouette.  I don't think I've seen it.  It doesn't have the little inch of
> tubing that hangs down when you're taking a bath, right?  I also have the
> Comfort sets (the pregnant CDE at the office showed me hers and said she loved
> it).  The problem I have with those is they clog up after 48 hrs.  I believe
> the longest I had one in is 3 days, but I doubt even that.  Maybe I'm not
> inserting it correctly.  I just ordered the tenders for the Disetronic, and
> was surprised that the tubing is separate from the catheter.  Is there a
> reason for this?  I take that back, after careful inspection, I found the
> separate catheters then the tubing with the catheters.  Are they extras?

Thing is the tubing is used for 2 catheters. This is common to the Comforts,
Tenders, and Silhouettes, which are actually the same units sold OEM to
the 3 companies. They're all made by Biersdorf (sp?) in Denmark and private
labelled for the different companies.

Don't know why they would be different, there might be slight differences
between them, though I doubt it would amount to much.

You say the Comforts clog up after 48 hours, are you using Humalog?
That might be the problem, rather than the Comforts. I switch syringes
every 2 days to avoid trouble because I'm using Humalog, after 2.5 days
(more or less) is starts degrading and/or plugging up the hose.

I have found that when it plugs up I can often get it going again by
pulling the catheter back away from the canula (crosswise, rather than
out, if you understand). Seems that sometimes it gets pushed in somehow
and the cather gets plugged by what used to be ahead of it. At least I
THINK that's what happens.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42 years, 4.4 years on MM506, 3.5 years on Comfort sets.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted