Re: Accucheck Complete (was)Re: [IP] Insulin resistance

Ellen,

Someone wrote about this a month or more ago (fall semester as I remember) on here
-- I don't know if you can track it down.  The day before their post, I was
getting ready to drive home (I have a 70 mile drive) from work and blood tested in
the car, knowing I was lo.  I got 29 (but had just had some candy), again got 88
-- unsure why so I kept testing for 20 minutes in twos (2 at a time).  Not one of
the 2 tests together was within 40 points of the other until I reached the 80
range (my BS went back up to 80 or so).  Came home very worried. My husband asked
me all the obvious questions -- did I had candy on a finger (I used the same
finger for each pair), test technique, etc.  Didn't seem like it was my fault but
figured it could in fact be.  Next day the post appeared here.  I've since had
that happen 2 more times and 2 times with extreme highs.  The instructions book
says that it is inaccurate outside a certain range.  There are studies done
comparing meters.  You might look at those.  It's fine between about 50 and 190 or
so.

Ruth