Re: [IP] DKA

<<  I've never had anything like that
 happwn to me before.  I'm still runnin 300+  and it's 3 hours since
 i first treated it.  I had to take twice my usual amount of insulin to bring
 that high down And I may have to take more.   >>

Hey Dianne - hang in there.  While I don't know much about pumping, I know
much more than I ever wanted to about DKA.  We've been through it three times
with Kayla.  I don't know how it feels, but I do know it's a major problem and
no fun to treat.  STAY ON TOP OF IT!!!!  Kayla's been knocking on DKA's door 3
times and ended up hospitalized.  6 other times she had the very large ketones
and we managed to get rid of them.  Each time was from a major illness coming
on or infection.  A simple CBC can tell you lots.  You may need to be checked
for infection.  Possibly from your site from the way you described it.
Infections make you need LOTS more insulin and make you spill ketones.

Good luck and I'll be thinking of you.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted