Re: [IP] Hi & Which Pump

Helen & Bob wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to the list and would like to give you a little background and
> ask a question. I am 53 and I have had DM for 22 years. I started a 4
> shot per day regimen about 1 year ago with NPH and Humalog.  I was in
> great control until about 4 months ago and now, even though the A1c's
> look great (6-6.8), I am having tooooo many highs and lows and just
> can't seem to get the BG under control.

Sounds like a bit of R mixed with the Humalog might help: Humalog doesn't
stick around long enough to carry to the next meal for sme people, and the NPH
is too slow to cover certain time periods.

> I just watched the video's from Desatronic and Mini-Med and would really
> like some imput as to pump preference. It's a given that both do the
> job, but is one better than the other?

The thing is what do YOU prefer? The MiniMed is looked at as being a bit more
user friendly, but the Disetronics is more high tech, and more water-resistant
as well. That matters if yoiu like to swim a lot, for instance, but not much
otherwise. Ans so on.

My Dr. said he usually perscribes
> the Mini-Med but if I wanted the other that was ok.  I think it may be
> partially determined by what my insurance will pay, but I would still
> like to hear what you all think.

I have a MiniMed mostly because that's what was best supported where I was
living. Check the support there, it may be important at some point.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted/net
Type 1 for 42 years, MiniMed 506 pump for 4.4 years
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted