Re: [IP] Velosulin

Michael wrote:

> Insulin decay is non-linear. It is slow a low temperatures.
> 1 1/2 % per month at 83 F/ 28 C. At say 120F (back of hot truck) I
> have been told by a lady at Lilly that the half life can be measured
> in hours.

I've always kept my current bottle of insulin at room temperature,
sitting amongst my supplies in the bedroom. In Northern Europe that
means about 70 F. A bottle lasts about a month. So at the end of the
month, I may require 1.5% more insulin: so a bolus of 6 units becomes
6.1 units. For me that's an insignificant change.

Do others really think it improves control to keep ferrying bottles of
insulin back and forth to the fridge?

Obvioulsy unopened insulin should be stored in the fridge.

mailto:email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted