Re: [IP] ACE inhibitors

I've been taking them since college.  Have had a bit of a cough on some.  To be
honest, every time I change insurance they change approved brand.  Last 4-5
years the generic seemed to be less problematic than the name brand.  I suspect
they cause some symptoms but not enough to be really bothersome.  I had a
dramatic kidney event in 1991 (when I started grad school) and they were saying
dialysis in the next year or so.  After 6 months kidney function was up again
to 75%.  It's  been between 75-80 since and no steady decrease at all.  I was
taking ACE inhibitors for a couple of years before that so I'm unsure whether
or not they've helped.  Diet and exercise seem to have been very very
dramatically effective!  Especially low protein and low fat.