Re: [IP] Velosulin vs Regular

Sam Skopp wrote:
> OK, I'll bite... what is Velosulin and who makes it?

It's NovoNordisk's version of R, but it's buffered, which USED to be better
for pumps. R used to clog the hoses, but that was before they improved the
hose's internal coatings.

 I've used Regular
> insulin for 18 years, but I've never noticed the other brew on the
> pharmacist shelf. (But then, I wasn't really looking either). Is this a
> special order?

Usually is in the USA, it's more common in Europe.

Why do you use Velosulin instead of good old common Regular?
> Or, is this just a pump thing?

A pump thing, but outdated information driven.
> As a corollary, once I go on the pump, what should I do with all my old
> supplies of insulin? I have 7 bottles of NPH, 4 bottles of Regular and 3 of
> Humalog (I often inject H along with R when I'm high). They're all kept in
> the refrigerator... can these be recycled?

Not that I could find. I just saved mine for backup until they were
well past their expiration dates, then tossed them out.

Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted