Re: [IP] Cindy's still here

> My biggest fear is bolusing
>  for meals. I've had some instances of taking my pre-meal regular and having
>  my BG drop like a rock (from amazingly lofty heights). I would appreciate
>  peoples thoughts and experiences about bolusing with your first bite as
>  this would be much easier for me.

You didn't mention what kind of insulin you are using.  If you are using
Humalog, this is a definite known problem.  You can use it in your pump but
you might consider waiting to bolus until after you have started to eat or
even finished a meal.  This is accepted practice according to "Pumping

I use Velosulin currently and often forget to bolus until right before I eat.
Usually, this is not a big problem for me.  But then I think I do metabolize
it more quickly than other people.

The only standard rule here is "YMMV"  (Your Mileage may Vary).  This means
that you have to do what works for you.  I'm sure that using an insulin pump
will make things a lot easier for you.

Mary Jean
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted