Re: [IP] Re: - how do YOU change sets?

Buddy,

Gosh, that's an interesting question!  Not wise, I guess experienced definately.

    I don't know how long.  I know that the few times I've tried to do it as an
adult teacher in a college or school bathroom, it's been very difficult and it
felt like I was in there more than 5 or 10 minutes.  At home, I try to be speedy
but I also avoid doing it under too much time pressure.  Back in the needle (pre
sof set) days, it was quicker for me to get the needles in and as a high school
and college student I can remember quickie changes on school trips and such
things (in the dorms, etc).  I don't know how long they took but I know I was
much much faster.  Mixing insulins also takes more time so that has lengthened
my changing time.
    As to night time, I tend to be pretty alert late at night so that is not a
problem.  I sometimes change sets that have been uncomfortable all day late at
night because that's when I finally got home.  I try to test mid night but
ocassionally don't.  If I get very high I tend to wake up anyway.
    This is mostly just notes about me.  I have no idea what it tells you (or me
for that matter).  I am perpetually lacking time!  I'd love to be quicker.