[IP] cold insulin

This is what I have done to warm a bottle of cold insulin so that I don't have
to contend with air bubbles.  If I don't have time to let the insulin warm up
(usually it warms up while I am in the shower) I turn on the bathroom faucet
to lukewarm and hold the bottle under the water for a minute or so.  I DO NOT
USE HOT WATER.  Just lukewarm so that I don't denature the insulin.  This
usually is enough to "take the chill off" and reduces the air bubbles.  I
clean off the top of the bottle with alcohol before drawing insulin out of it.

Mary Jean
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted