Re: [IP] Snackers and Nibblers

Kim's mom asks. . . :
What do you do when you just want to
nibble on something, or are just taking a bite or two of something like
in a grocery store when they are handing out samples of products, etc?
Can you wait to bolus later when you are going to have your next meal?
Do these small snacks have a significant affect on the blood sugar? For
instance, I might be in the kitchen washing strawberries and she will
come up and take one or two.  Would we need to do anything?

Most of the time you would probably not have to do anything but. . .  . It
depends on how active she is, how long you stay in the store and get
samples, what are the samples, etc. You see one answer can not cover all the
bases. If she is nibbling for any length of time try to keep a running total
of carbs because these all add up and as we all know nothing is free except
pickles, lettuce, and celery! She will eventually have to bolus for any
significant amount of carbs unless she jogs home. You have to pay for what
goes in your mouth if it has any food value. Hope this helps. . . . .

Buddy '-)   email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted