Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:28:10 -0700
To: "email @ redacted"
From: Sam Skopp

At 04/20/1998 - 08:51 AM JRichardson wrote:
<big snips>
>If I can give you any advice, mine would be to try and take a week off work
>to have some time to adjust without being bothered with your work
>commitments. This will allow you to adjust to the attachment factor on your
>own and monitor your sugars and do the initial set changes without any time

Thanks for the advice. Since I work from home, I'm wondering if I still
need to plan on taking some time off from work or not. My work is not
physically demanding, just a lot of phone & computer activities.

>Also, you had mentioned, it's hard to relate when you haven't seen any of
>this stuff (re: infusion sets, pumps etc.) I agree. I was initially
>expecting to have a garden hose hanging out of my stomach. I was shocked
>when I first saw the infusion sets. The tubing is so thin and pliable, it
>is truly amazing in my mind. The pump does look like the pictures, very
>similar to a pager.

I'm glad the tubing is smaller than a garden hose. Some of the posts on the
size of the needle in the infusion sets were initially a bit scary.
Although, I started out with 27(?) gauge needles 19 years ago... it's been
a long time since I've used anything bigger than 29 gauge. I need to call
my MiniMed rep and see if I can actually see some of this stuff.

>I don't know if any of this information has helped or not, but if I can be
>of any help, please feel free to e-mail me privately or on the board.

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it next month when I start up
for real.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted