Re: [IP] Re: sites for lean pumpers (and children!)

>I have told MiniMed before that they should make a shorter cannula for the
>This whould be a wonderful thing instead of sore muscles and sites.

This is just a question "UNDERSTAND"? A question. . . . .
    What if this skinny Mickey or Minney wanted to take a brand new softset
and a pair of his/her mothers SHARP sissors. Unrap a brand new Softset and
withdraw the insertion needle back far enough to take these "sharp sissors
and clip say .125 (1/8th. of an inch) of the canula off the end. Then slide
the titroducer needle back into the canula and then proceed as usual with
the priming and inseration of the modified infusion set?
    I figure if you can pinch 3/4 of an inch od a "roll" then the skin/fat
layer has to be half that and the canula needs to be 3/8" or just a little
less.??????? If the standard is .500 or 1/2" then cutting one eighth (1/8)
should get this to the length the slim person would need to keep from
hitting the layer of muscle and causing the disconfort. Pioneers. . . . . .
? I will try this my next set change although I have plenty of fat and could
use a 3/4" canula myself. LOL I would try anything to help a child. Any
comments from our "Einsteins"?

Buddy '-)   email @ redacted

to the e-mail address: email @ redacted