Re: [IP] Re: UNEXPLAINED HIGHS AFTER INFUSION SET CHANGES

Ionam wrote:

> Question:  Why am I running highs in the 350+ range within a couple of hours
> after changing my infusion set?  And then, it takes a couple of more hours to
> get it down to an acceptable range.  Usually change the entire set on the
> fourth or fifth day.

A couple of ideas come to mind. I hope you understand I don't know just what
you've been taught, so this MAY come across as being a bit basic or critical,
but I'm just trying to help, OK?

When you start the new set, do you leave the old one in for about 2 hours to be
sure the residual insulin in it has a chance to drain in? Not sure I believe
this
idea totally myself, but it could help.

Also, do you bolus 0.5 or 0.6 units at startup to fill the canula (presuming
it's
a Teflon canula like I use, since you didn't mention) after the introducer
needle is pulled out?

Ted Quick