Re: [IP] Re: UNEXPLAINED HIGHS AFTER INFUSION SET CHANGES

Question:  Why am I running highs in the 350+ range within a couple of
hours after changing my infusion set?  And then, it takes a couple of
more hours to get it down to an acceptable range.  Usually change the
entire set on the fourth or fifth day. I will be calling Mini Med
tomorrow for their imput, but would appreciate any ideas that you,
experienced pumpers, can give me.

Leave the old set in place for the absorbtion time of the type of
insulin you use.

R = 5 hours
H = 2.5 hours

When you remove the old set, the site leaks insulin and you bg goes
up.

Michael

Michael <email @ redacted>