Re: [IP] Kids Carb/Insulin ratios and BG/Insulin ratios PARENTS PLEASE

> 1) the number of blood sugar points covered by
>each unit of insulin for high blood sugar bolus

Steph's ratio is 1 unit humalog per 100 points high
>2) have you checked to see if this is accurate or just taking your
>endo's word for it?

This is based on our own trial and error...endo didn't have the foggiest
>3) the grams of carbo for each unit of insulin  for meal
>time bolus

Steph's ratio is 1 unit insulin for every 12 g carbo at breakfast, 1 unit to
15 other times of day
>4)) have you checked to see if this is accurate or just taking your
>endo's word for it?

I know you have siad in the past that insulin to carb ration should be
constant, not variable, but this is what works for Steph...and again, the
endo was clueless
>5) your child's total daily insulin useage for the last few days

Steph uses around 6.9 units for basal rates and about 18 units for meals and
snacks, depending on the carb content.