Re: [IP] Bubbles in the Cartridge

Ted, Bob, Ruth...

Thanks for your advices.

Ted & Bob, I usually keep my current bottle at a cool room temperature.
But this dissolved air that comes out of solution on warming would seem
negligible, compared with the 15 units of "dead-space" between the tip
of the needle and the end of the plunger. This is initially full of air,
and this air gets drawn into the syringe. That's what I have trouble
expelling, especially when it starts foaming.

Do you not get this air coming in? If not, how do you manage this?

But also I've recently been mixing H & R and drawing extra air into the
cartridge intentionally to help the mixing: otherwise the last insulin
drawn in will remain unmixed in the "dead space" of the syringe. This is
quite large. This will be the first insulin down the tube and into your
body. So the first 15 units will be mostly H, rather than a proper mix.

But the next problem bubble is when I screw the hub of the tubing into
the syringe. The hub is full of air, and some manages to stay in the
hub, and form a nice sticky bubble that refuses to move - until a day
later. Grrrrr....

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted