[IP] Dressing irrations

Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 18:17:19 -0700
From: Janet Wiener <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re: Dressing irritations

> > (and not trying for longer because I get
> >skin irritation from the tape). Most endos have not heard of mixing, but it
> >has worked for several of us on this list.
> >
> >Janet,
>     Have you tried the Kendall Polyskin II? Much better dressings.
> Buddy '-)   email @ redacted

Yes. I'm *most* allergic to the Polyskins. I applied one to my arm for 2
hours and got a rash that looked like a bad sunburn.  :-( The only tapes
that have worked for me are the IV3000 and Transpore tapes. I prefer the
IV3000 because it doesn't leave a filmy, sticky residue when I remove
it. And it stays on better in water.  (I swim.) I get a mild irritation
when I remove the IV3000 after 3 days that lasts for up to 24 hours but
then goes away. If I leave any tape on for more than 3 days, it's ugly.

Yes, I use skin prep. Yes, I've read and tried the suggestions in
tape tips booklet. Any other ideas? (After changing sets every 2 days
straight H, every 3 days feels like an eternity right now, so I'm pretty
happy. :-)

Janet   >>

I too swim regularly and I agree that IV3000 is very good.  I have
found  that for a prep 3M's No-Sting Barrier Film is also very good.
Finally, to secure the edges of the IV3000 and the infusion set
(Tenders), I use MircoPore surgical tape (also 3M).  That is a "paper
tape", but it holds up very well in the water and is more flexible than
the plastic or silk tapes, hence it stays on.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted