Re: [IP] Getting anxious

Sam Skopp wrote:

I'm supposedly getting the MiniMed 507, but I've never actually seen
> one. I've heard you all talking about 1,001 flavors of infusion sets, but I
> don't have a clue as to what they really look like and how they actually
> work (I'm a visual/tactile learner). I then start thinking: "Arrghh!! What
> have I gotten myself into...??"

Have you talked to a rep from MiniMed? Seems it would be in order for 1 to show
What the heck, if someone here with a 507 happens to live somewhere near you
maybe you could get together and see it? Mention where you live, see if
nearby. Never know if you don't?

> It's almost like the pre-marital jitters that I had over 28 years ago(Hmmm!
> Would my wife get jealous if I named my pump Mabel?).

I have a unique name for my pump, I call it Jean. Anybody with a tube connected
to my bell giving me life supporting fluids is just like Mom was.... <Grin>

 I hope I'm really
> doing the right thing and that I'll be happy with my decision. I know that
> you are all card-carrying pumpers, so maybe this is not a good forum to ask
> this type of question.

It's likely the best place, since you'll get answers here, not other viewpoints

But, I've heard that the pump doesn't work for
> everyone. My insulin requirements are very unstable. Some weeks I require as
> much as 50% more insulin than other weeks (eating virtually exactly the same
> things and doing pretty much the same activities). Sometimes it varies
> widely from day to day. My sister, who is also diabetic, has had the same
> types of swings.

Sounds like it's what you really need. My life can be awfully varied, and I
could really plan my shots to correct for them. Hence the pump, I can change it
ANY time!

Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted