RE: [IP] Food scale information

> You mentioned you were able to look at around six digital scales. Which ones
> did you get a chance to check?
Sorry, don't know. There were a bunch of them at the local
electronics supply house - they sell them there. And... I have
checked at least one at a department store.

Usually, if they are powered, I just grab something that weighs about
the max limit of the scale and plunk it on. I then ask the scale to
zero the tar and then remove the object and place it back and see
what happens to the zero value.  I have always been dissappointed.

In contrast, if you do this with a precision 'weighing' scale like
those used to count parts (these cost close to $1000 or more) the
scale always returns to the proper zero value.

I've found the mor expensive (and quite large) consumer electronic
scales will work ok also. The problem with these is that they are
expensive (about 10x the cost of a mechanical scale) and much larger
than the mechanical scale. So.... for now, we'll stick with our

> I have always wondered if there are
> differences (I assumed there were) between digital "kitchen" scales and
> digital "diet" scales. Understanding of course, that "a rose by any other
> name" etc., etc.
You got me, but I think it is a case of "you get what you pay for".

The scale Lily uses is a Pelouze A12R "Portion Controller" with a
range of 32oz (900g). It is available or can be ordered from most
resturant supply houses.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted