[IP] Re: Dressing irritations

> > (and not trying for longer because I get
> >skin irritation from the tape). Most endos have not heard of mixing, but it
> >has worked for several of us on this list.
> >
> >Janet,
>     Have you tried the Kendall Polyskin II? Much better dressings.
> Buddy '-)   email @ redacted

Yes. I'm *most* allergic to the Polyskins. I applied one to my arm for 2
hours and got a rash that looked like a bad sunburn.  :-( The only tapes
that have worked for me are the IV3000 and Transpore tapes. I prefer the
IV3000 because it doesn't leave a filmy, sticky residue when I remove
it. And it stays on better in water.  (I swim.) I get a mild irritation
when I remove the IV3000 after 3 days that lasts for up to 24 hours but
then goes away. If I leave any tape on for more than 3 days, it's ugly.

Yes, I use skin prep. Yes, I've read and tried the suggestions in minimed's
tape tips booklet. Any other ideas? (After changing sets every 2 days with
straight H, every 3 days feels like an eternity right now, so I'm pretty
happy. :-)

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted