RE: [IP] when to stop the NPH b-4 pump hookup

> NO NPH!  After she starts the pump she should take no NPH! We
> just went through this in the last couple of weeks.
> When I started The last NPH was taken the evening meal
> before. . . .

As I read it, the original question stated just that -- the doctor wanted the
evening NPH taken.  This is the RIGHT thing to do -- something to cover
through the night before starting the pump.  NPH will be (mostly, anyway)
cleared through the system by the time the pump starts.

I didn't see anything in the original question about NPH AFTER starting pump
therapy.

YES to NPH BEFORE starting the pump.  NO to any long acting insulin after.

(I was on ultralente when I switched to the pump.  My instructions were that
my last U shot was to be a full 36 hours before coming in, with shots of
regular as needed.)

--Greg
"The Viper feels pretty damn cheap. It's the automotive equivalent of the
A10 Warthog -- wrap whatever you can around the engine/gun." -- Brian Hook