Re: [IP] Loses potency in 2 1/2 days

Robert,

Your report is consistent with those from others.  Some people find they can only
keep a humalog site going for 24 hours, some 2 days, a few three, I once pushed it
to 4.  Mixing Humalog and Velosulin (I'm doing 4:1 or 5:1 at the moment, I have
heard of combinations from 1:1, 1:2, 2:1, 3:1, etc) seems to vastly extend the
sites.  With the mix I can go a full week much of the time again (as I alsways
could on velosulin).  This is particularly nice if 1).  you have lots of old scar
tissue and not much site space and 2). you don't have med insurance or are having
trouble getting supplies.  Officially you are not supposed to leave even the
velosulin ones in that long but I talked to a CDE at Kaiser who is herself on a
pump and she admitted to doing so frequently.

Best of luck