Re: [IP] Loses potency in 2 1/2 days

At 14:13 4/16/98 +0000, Robert wrote:
>I'm using about 40 units of Humalog per day and I'm finding that after about 2
>1/2 days, the absorbtion is lessened.  I've heard from others that I should be
>able to go about 4-5 days without losing absorbtion.  Is there any truth to
>this and based on being relatively thin(skinned) and on  40 units a day, is
>there a norm on how long I should be able to go in one site?

I get 4 days out of my sites (pumping straight Humalog), BUT I only get 2
days out of the Humalog itself.  Like you, I found that the potency would
decrease sharply after about 2.5 days, so I started refilling the reservoir
and repriming the tubing every 2 days.  The site itself seems to be OK for 4
days, but anything beyond that and it gets questionable.

I tried a 5:1 mix of H:R for about a week (others have reported great
success with this), but my BGs ran high for some strange reason.  I aborted
that experiment and went back to what was working for me.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted