[IP] Ketones

Hi Judy,
I read your post about ketones and I am still confused.

I understand what ketones are and why they are bad. Although YMMV, the general
rule of thumb is: if you are over 250 you should check for ketones. If I am
200, I bolus insulin. If I am higher, I bolus  and check sugars until they
return to an acceptable range.

What would I do differently if I had ketones present?

I've read posts stating that when ketones are present, you may need more
insulin than your normal ratio but I would still follow my normal ratio and
continue to check bgs until normal, ketones or not. Am I missing something?

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted