Hi everybody...i am so excited .... i am not a hypochondriac ...the dr
told me i have hasimotos thyroiditis but what the endo put on the chart
was lymphocytic thyroiditis...i am happy cuz at least there is
something that can be done ..and the treatment is not painful or
nauseating...i was beginning to believe there was something like cancer
brewing...he put me on 88mcg of Levoxyl...only one
possible problem with that is that i have heard that synthyroid is
made from acacia trees and i am allergic to them...i wonder if they
are the same...hyp0thyroidism explains all my symptoms..and gives me
hope that i can become a normal functi0ning human being again...even
explains the excema..fatique...depression...weight gain...rotten
moods...and best of all it is not all in my head....i have been
fighting this for years...finally i have hope...my DHEA is elevated so
that might involve addrenal functioning...the endo will do further tests
when i am on my
period...and he said for me to get another primary care
physcian...that the one i have been complaining about is not doing his
job...he also referred me to a ENT
for the chronic puss pockets in my throat saying that could make
regualting my diabetes difficult...which is what i have been trying to
tell the pcp to no avail but he said they were normal..... i don't
want to appear like i am slamming the med profession but i feel this
dr has done me a diservice.....had a bad feeling about the pcp from the
beginning but i
thought my husband had been refered to him by a friend...i now find out
this was not true...shoulda known
when he has an office in the parking lot of Mervyns, next to the donut
shop (no offense to donut shop owners either but diabetes and donut shops
don't seem like they mix) and has a sign
painted on his window...fen fen...geeez...i have wasted 4 1/2 months
with this guy..sorry this was so long but hopefully it can help someone
else by learning of a thyroid problem and that we need to be our own
health advocates...i am much more assertive now and i am keeping track of
my lab results...these are good things...michelle

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]