Re: [IP] Airport Security Gates

Yes, you can wear the pump through the metal detectors and put it through the
x-ray machine. But you should still have needles and insulin with you incase
your pump has problems. I am on the Disetronic pump, so i took my second pump
with me when my wife and I went on a Cruise for New Year's week. We fly from
New York to Miami, then boarded the boat and then flew back. I took all of my
extra supplies (i.e. insulin, needles, back-up pump, glucose tablets and all
of the stuff needed for infusing and filling the pump) with me on the plane.
DO NOT CHECK THIS STUFF BELOW THE PLANE!!! IT COULD GET LOST OR STOLEN!!!
ALWAYS TAKE IT AS CARRY ON!!!! Plus you should get your doctor to write and
sign a letter telling that you are insulin dependent on the pump, but must
carry needles in case of pump failure. Plus have them include in the letter
any other mediacations you will have with you on the trip, and make two copies
of this letter, put one in with your supplies, and carry the other one with
you at all times. Uniques accessories on the web ,makes a great travel bag for
carrying all of your supplies. I hope this helps.
Scooter