Re: [IP] Re: BLADDER INFECTION

Hi:

Thanks Rona for the tips re. cranberry tablets and dandelion root.  I've been
taking the cranberry for several days, and will get the dandelion root from my
herbalist.

My doctor prescribed an antibiotic called, Bactrim, for five days.  I could
only tolerate it for 3-1/2 days.  Many side effects, as in;  sleeplessness,
extreme nervousness, diarrhea, etc.  I also have Addison's Disease (adrenal
insufficiency) and now I am quite dehydrated, lost about 4 lbs., and quite
weak and headachy.  The good news is my bladder infection seems to be gone,
the bad news, I feel like "dawg meat".  Sometimes the cure is worse than the
illness.

My question:  has anyone else out there in pumper-land had a similar problem
with this antibiotic?  Apparently, it is sulfa based.

Appreciate all your good advice.

Iona