[IP] Airport Security Gates

I am very new to the pump and will need to travel to Indonesia at the end of May.  Can anyone tell me if it is OK for me to wear the pump through the security gates or the hand luggage X Ray checker ( sorry I don't know the official name!)? What about an explanatory letter concerning the pump and the related giving sets etc ?- I can imagine being questioned at Denpasar airport, which is not a pleasant experience having lived through that before when carrying syringes many years ago!
- Jennifer McArthur