Re: [IP] Plans for Insulin-Pumpers

> Michael wrote:
> >
> > Insulin-Pumpers presently has 267 members and as you can see from the
> > new member profiles, continues to grow rapidly.  In addition,
> > last week MiniMed added Insulin-Pumpers to it's LINKS
> > page.
> >
> > What does all this mean?? Well for one thing, the poor old mail
> > server is working overtime. In the next month or so, the mail server
> > will be upgraded to a pentium with 132megs of ram and a large (HUGE)
> > disk array. In the works is a site with full T1 service as opposed to
> > the current cable modem which only supports 100kbps service to the
> > users for mail and private member service. Sometime this year, I
> > would like to move everything to the Insulin-Pumpers domain.
> > Member Erik Wold is currently working on translating some of the list
> > documents so a Scandanavian language list can be started. It is
> > estimated that well over half of all households in Scandanavia have
> > internet service and in those countries there are several thousand
> > pumpers (whew!). Erik is doing this with the encouragement of the
> > Disetronic rep in Norway and I understand D plans a mailing when we
> > finish this effort. We hope to have the list active in just a few
> > weeks.
> >
> > Our IP-dev
> > group is going full steam, producing new FAQ's and HOWTO's. Many of
> > these are 'almost' ready for release and will provide much needed
> > guidance for our pumper wannabe's and newbie's. After all, the
> > objective is to spread the word and the knowledge that the group
> > possesses.
> >
> > Insulin-Pumpers is an entirely volunteer operation. Document
> > development (HOWTO's FAQ's), website, list administration, internet
> > services, etc... are all donated or supplied by volunteer effort.
> >
> > Your help would be appreciated.  Please contact me if you would like
> > to help with any of these projects.
> >
> > The administration load "just for
> > new members" has reached the point where is must be shared, I need
> > volunteers to handle list administration on a rotating basis. I will
> > set up an IP-administrator list to whom list administration duties
> > for new members will rotate on a daily basis (i.e. you got it for a
> > day then someone else until the list is exhausted and it repeats).
> > The IP-admin list will provide a way to quickly contact other list
> > administrators for questions and help in the event you get a request
> > that you can't answer yourself. You can un-subscribe from the admin
> > list if you will be gone for awhile then re-subscribe to help again.
> > This effort requires folks who read their mail daily and can respond
> > to prospective member and current member questions and requests in a
> > timely fashion (same or next day).
> >
> > Please e-mail me if you are willing to help and I will add you to the
> > admin list and begin to distribute instructions on how everything
> > works.
> >
> > Michael
> [...]
Dear Michael:

Like Becky, I also am in the field of helping others to use computers,
and I work from home. I lean toward software and Internet support
services. I can help with website design, converting files to web
formats, providing contacts to web hosting services, answering computer
software questions, etc. I'd be happy to provide any help I can.

Amílcar Vázquez Jr.
Orlando, FL
email @ redacted (I read my e-mail weekday mornings)
www.sistemas.net (My firm's website)