Re: [IP] Insurance questions

> LBE FSD wrote:
> Hi all,
> I thought we had most of the initial pump bills paid, but got another one from
> the clinic today that had most charges denied by BCBS of SD -- that's South
> Dakota (for those of you in on the joke).   Both my endo and the nurse
> educator labelled my hospital time as "patient training/education"  and I got
> a "not covered by the contract" response.  Do I have any hope of appealing
> this?

I don't know what your chances of appealing it are, but my endo approached it
differently when I went in for training. He termed it "observation for patient
safety" (or something like that), and they had no problem with it at all. Since
I had had 37 years experience treating my diabetes before that he told me I
to be there because if the dosage was excessive, which COULD hppen, I needed
trained medical support to be sure it was handled immediately. It wasn't a
matter of "training" me, it was insuring my health, which is what a "health
insurance" company is paid premiums for.......

Actually he wasn't training ME, I was the first patient he'd put on pump
therapy, so I was training HIM to train me. Oh well, I'd spent some years
training his father in the late 50s and early 60s, so now it was his turn!

Ted Quick