Re: [IP] Soft-set questions

They are pretty straightforward and lo-maintenance.  Make sure you twist to the click before pulling out to disconnect.  When you reassemble, make sure you get the two pieces straight together before you turn them (I once bent the needle that way -- but I think it takes real brains to be that stupid, its not the obvious thing to do, but the kind of thing you do when you're impatient).  The pieces seal well when separate so you can just do what you like.  Good to avoid putting them in anything bacteria laden of course and to wipe each end with alcohal when you reconnect (although I sometimes skip this step and have never had any problem).  I usually need .5 bolus to fill the air space between them when I reconnect.

Best of luck,

bsale wrote:

 Hello! Is the "voice of experience" (that would be you if you've used soft sets with quick release) here today? Stephanie just tried a sample soft-set from mini-med and is anxious to try the quick release for her shower. Unfortunately, Mini-med clinical services hotline folks are vacationing this weekend (the operator offered to page them, but since this isn't an emergency, I decided to try y'all first), and there are no printed instructions with the samples they sent. I assume the little plug goes in the "tail" that stays on Steph, but does she need to put a slide clamp on the end of the tube that stays with the pump? De we need to bolus any when she reconnects to fill air space?  Thanks for any and all help! Betsy