[IP] Diabetes is not my fault

Names are not needed:

Diabetes is not my fault. I did not choose this disease, it found me.

It's not a lot of fun. I work at it - some days I work very hard at it and
things still don't turn out the way they should. Some days I get tired of
working at it and let things slide a bit - I'm human, after all, not a

"My numbers" are not always "my fault". Some days I test a lot and my
numbers are great - it's not always obvious to me why they are good. Some
days I test a lot and my numbers are not so good - it's not always obvious
to me why they aren't so good. I continue to try.

Some days I simply don't understand the numbers - they are after all, "just
numbers". They don't truly reflect all the little things in my life which
can make this "big thing" so hard to cope with. I still try, but at times I
struggle to remember that diabetes is not my fault.

Diabetes is not the fault of my friends. I have often taken the big step
and opened up to my friends, seeking their advice and collective wisdom. If
their feedback helps me solve a problem or get over a bump, I am so
grateful. If I ask a question which seems "silly" they don't criticize me
or chide me. If their advice doesn't work for me, I am still grateful.
After all, my friends asked nothing from me in return, they don't condemn
me for trying, nor scold me for the results I achieved. They are my friends.

To all those who have joined us - welcome to the group ;-)

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted