[IP] Multiple Postings from Pump Mom (long)

Hi everyone:
    WOW- Michael goes away for one week & the board EXPLODES!!!! Haven't seen
this many inquiries from potential pumpers in one day ever!!!..Lots of ground
to coverr here so I'm doing a numerical post today:
    1) remember my post about the mom who'd been turned down by Joslin for her
7 yr old son & my other friend who was required by Joslin to do a "psych
evaluation" for her 12 yr old daughter?..Well happy to report, the first mom
found a new endo & they're set to start this summer& the second mom: well,
here's a "cut & paste" from the e-mail she sent me after her visit at Joslin

      "Ashley is like a new kid ALREADY (I'm exhausted) - and if she hugs me
more time and thanks me for her "pump" one more time, I will surely cry!!
The kid deserves it, she's worked so hard to get to this point!!!  Right
now, she's pumping saline to get her used to the entire process, Tuesday,
4/14 we return again to Joslin & Ashley will begin Humalog insulin."

Don't know about the rest of you, but it made ME cry!!!!!

2) my 15 yr old slept over a friend's house last night & called this a.m. to
say she awoke at 85 and the girls were going out shopping for the day."bye,
have fun, make sure you check yourself".....THAT'S what the pump has done for
Melissa and ME....

3) as for all the medical posts in the past few wks, although it's
disconcerting for me to read of all that Melissa potentially faces in the
years ahead, I thank you guys for your honesty & sharing...I'm a firm believer
in being "pro-active'" & "empowered through knowledge"....

4) as for the good doc/bad doc posts; suffice it to say, there are also
mediocre butchers, bakers, candlestick makers, etc.....If you've made the
decision to seek the best mechanical means of optimizing your diabetes
control, then also seek the best medical professional to assist you in that
goal......Notice I said "assist"- the doc is only one part of the equation-
this board is an AMAZING resource as are the CDEs, the pump-wearing employees
of the pump supplies companies (like Home Medical in FL.), pump support
groups, PUMPING INSULIN, John Walsh himself (who's very good about responding
to e-mails), etc...

5) lastly, best wishes for a Happy Easter/ Happy Passover to everyone here

Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump mom/coach)