Re: [IP] injection in emergency

Theresa Walkup wrote:
> I have a question.  Many people on the list have said they don't carry insulin with them, just a syringe.  And that in an emergency, (infusion set fails, etc...) they would just use the insulin from the resevoir.  I just wonder (for future reference) how you would go about getting the insulin from the resevoir into your syringe?

Take the pump syringe out, take off the Luer-Lok connector to the hose, stand
it on it's plunger and slide the other syringe's needle into the hub, then draw
insulin in by pulling it's lunger. May not get much at a time, but you could
move the pump syringe's plunger up to get rid of the resulting air pocket in the
top and do it as many times as need and available insulin requires.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 with MM506 pump, never had to do this!