Re: [IP] how long does it take

I am shocked to hear that your son would be on shots as well as the pump.   I have been pumping for four months now. When I was on Multiple injections I would take Ultralente and Humalog.  BUT now that I am on the pump, I only take Humalog in the pump.

My basal rate is 1 unit per hour and .9 for each hour for three hours in the morning.    I do not take any shots.   This has worked for me  and of course each person is different.  I had level blood sugars in two weeks from the time I started on the pump.

I am not certain of this, I may be wrong, But I would suppose this doctor does not know what he is doing.   I thought the point of the pump was to have better control and not have to take the shots.