Re: [IP] how long does it take

I can't believe your endo would have your son take a shot of ultralente along
with the pump.  That seems to be defeating the purpose of the pump.  What
reason does the doctor give you for using this method?  I would think you
would never really be able to get the basal rates adjusted by also having
ultralente in your system.  When you take a shot of ultralente there is a
large pool of insulin under the skin and the absorbtion time isn't always
reliable for many reasons.  When I first started pump therapy (May 97) it took
less than a week to get my basal rates fine tuned.  Seemed like it was 3 or 4

Cindy Bonsteel