Re: [IP] carb counting vs glycemic index

I don't think there are many of us who pay a LOT of attention to the glycemic
index of  different foods, although it can be helpful to know a little bit
about them.  For me, and YMMV, I just count the carbs and extend the square
wave if the food contains a lot of fat.  Pizza and (now) Mexican Food come to
mind as examples.  Fat slows down the absorption of glucose.  Some Chinese
foods contain a lot of arrowroot which is evidently quite high on the glycemic
index.  Consequently, this food will hit you fast and hard so be ready!  I
think there is a list of glycemic indexes somewhere on the IP website, you
have to follow a few links.  It is worth taking a look at them but I wouldn't
worry about them too much.

Mary Jean