[IP] carb counting vs glycemic index

Dear list members,      In preparation for going on the pump, I've been
trying some serious carb counting.  I'm wondering what people's thoughts
and experiences are regarding the "glycemic index."  Is this worth worrying
about or is it a second order effect?  Does a food with a low glycemic
index just mean that you need to extend the square wave bolus?   Thanks.

Wayne Mitzner
615 N. Wolfe St.
Baltimore, MD 21205
Tel. 410 614 5446