Re: [IP] 24" Soft Set QRs Being Discontinued?? & No Delivery Alarms

Meshell353 wrote:
 I'm thinking this may be the time to try a different infusion set,
> but I really like using the SoftSerter.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  If I
> do change sets, I want one that has some type of quick release.  Thanks in
> advance.

Three recommendations for you: MiniMed Silhouettes, Disetronics Tenders, or
Chronimed's Pureline Comfort sets. They're actually the same, made by the same
company in Denmark. Some say there are different adhesives used on the
different brands, but they all work the same way.

The canula is longer, but put in at an angle to reach the same depth. For us
thinner folks we can put it in a bit shallower, others may want it deeper.
The canula base is a disk shape, but is split for disconnecting. One half
stays firmly planted on the attatched tape base, which is MUCH more solid
than the QR's, and the other part only needs to be squeezed to remove or
replace it. Very secure, usually a LOT better than the QR's, IMHO.

I believe they come in 2 lengths, though I've always used the long ones myself.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42 years (minus 5 days) MM506 pump for 4.3 years, Comfort sets for
3.5 years